Date(s) - Sunday, February 22, 2015
10:00 am-7:00 pm
Trotter Family YMCA
During this workshop you will:
- Learn each of the six steps, along with the science and research behind each step
- Learn and practice each of the exercises described in the book “How to Prevent Falls: Better Balance, Independence and Energy in 6 Simple Steps”
- Learn how easy and fun the Six-Step Balance SystemTM really is
- Be administered a written, comprehensive test on the material presented during the workshop
- Receive a copy of Dr. Carpenter’s book “How to Prevent Falls: Better Balance, Independence and Energy in 6 Simple Steps” and her guide “Stretching in Bed: to Look Better and Feel Better”
- Receive a Course Certificate (valid for two years)
This eight hour interactive workshop is conducted in a relaxed environment where students learn through personal classroom application along with ample opportunity to ask questions. Students will use and workshop instruction will come from Dr. Carpenter’s book “How to Prevent Falls: Better Balance, Independence and Energy in 6 Simple Steps”. The book, along with the stretching guide, all part of the workshop fee, will be provided at the start of the workshop.
Workshop attendees will be entitled to:
- Learn the concepts and design of the Six-Step Balance SystemTM
- Understand the history and science behind the system
- Become familiar with all of the stretches and exercises used in the system
- Be able to teach the Six-Step Balance System to individuals and groups wherever you choose
- Have access to six months of follow-up support via telephone and email
- Be required to take a refresher course every two years to maintain your certification
Our Fall Prevention Trainer Workshop is approved by the American Council on Exercise (ACE) (for .7 CECs) and YMCA (for 7 CECs), for workshop attendees who successfully complete the course requirements. Other organizations that accept CECs for completing the course requirements are NETA and ISSA.
To obtain special discount pricing code for this event:
- Call (844) 2-STOP FALLS or (844) 278-6732, or
- Send an email with your name, email address, and phone number to email@example.com.
Bookings are closed for this event. If you would like to be added to the Waiting List for future events, please email your contact information (name, email address, phone and Event Name) to "info@FallPreventionTrainer.com."