The Fall Prevention Specialist Course
Personal qualifications to take this life saving course are:
- Have a sincere desire to help older adults and seniors improve their self confidence, physical strength, and emotional well-being
- Possess a positive, supportive, and caring personality
- Be fully ambulatory and mobile without the assistance of mechanical aids or devices
- Be at least 18 years old
- Prior work experience with older adults or seniors is preferred, but not required
During this course you will:
- Learn each of the six steps, along with the science and research behind each step
- Receive a copy of Carpenter’s book “How to Prevent Falls: Better Balance, Independence and Energy in 6 Simple Steps” and her guide “Stretching in Bed: to Look Better and Feel Better”
- Learn and practice each of the exercises described in the book “How to Prevent Falls: Better Balance, Independence and Energy in 6 Simple Steps”.
- Learn how easy and fun the Six-Step Balance SystemTM really is when compared to other fall prevention or balance programs
- Briefly review a checklist on how to fall proof the home
- Learn specific techniques of implementing program with your patients or clients
- Receive a Course Certificate (valid for three years)
Who should attend:
- Occupational Therapist and Assistants
- Physical Therapist and Assistants
- Nursing professionals, RNs, LPN, Aides
- Home health care professionals
- Personal Trainers, and Group Fitness Instructors
- Activity directors, managers or staff of senior facilities
- Recreational center directors, managers or staff
- Program directors of community service organizations
- Church senior activities directors, youth leaders or staff
Course attendees will be entitled to:
- Learn the concepts and design of the Six-Step Balance SystemTM.
- Understand the history and science behind the system.
- Become familiar with all of the stretches and exercises used in the system.
- Be able to teach the Six-Step Balance SystemTM to individuals and groups wherever you choose.
- Have access to six months of follow-up support via telephone and email.
- Be required to take a refresher course every three years to maintain your certification.
This eight hour interactive course is conducted in a relaxed environment where students learn through personal classroom application along with ample opportunity to ask questions. Students will use and course instruction will come from Dr. Carpenter’s book “How to Prevent Falls: Better Balance, Independence and Energy in 6 Simple Steps”. The book and the stretching guide, all part of the course fee, will be provided at the start of the course.
For our course attendees, we will provide six months of post course support to address questions regarding exercise techniques, course material and application standards. Certificates will be mailed to attendees within three weeks upon successful completion.
For our course/workshop schedule (Click Here)
Continuing Education Approvals:
Occupational Therapists / Physical Therapists: Approved for 8 CEUs in many states, see individual course registration page for complete listing.
Fall Prevention Training Services, LLC is recognized by the American Council on Exercise as a Continuing Education Provider. Attendees who successfully complete the course requirements earn 0.8 ACE CECs for the workshop.
NCCAP: NCCAP pre-approved for 8 Clock Hours, Number NCCAP50041-18, expires 9/15/18.
NETA / YMCA: These organizations do not independently approve this course but will accept any course approved by ACE.